Saturday 21 December 2013

Anne of Cleves Countdown Starting 27 December

Just to let you know that I will be starting a countdown looking at Anne of Cleves' arrival in England, meeting with Henry VIII and marriage here on 27 December. There will be daily posts charting what she did on each day as she made her way from Deal in Kent up to Greenwich. I will be looking at the politics behind the marriage, Anne's lineage and upbringing, as well as the disastrous meeting between Henry VIII and Anne on 1 January 1540 - why did it go so wrong?

I already have the first five posts ready to go, so look out for them. Also, feel free to add comments to the posts and also suggest ideas for future countdowns. I really enjoyed doing a countdown to Jane Seymour's death back in October.

You can also, of course, read more about Anne of Cleves in my book: Anne of Cleves: Henry VIII's Discarded Bride (Amberley, 2009).

Finally, have a great Christmas and a happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment